PLOT FAQ'S Nov 24, 2012 11:56:21 GMT -5
Post by Clannibal on Nov 24, 2012 11:56:21 GMT -5
This is a quick reference for any in-depth questions you may have concerning this plotline. To keep symmetry with all aspects of the plot and our characters, please try to abide by these standards at all times.
Hit "Ctrl" and "F" simultaneously to search keywords for faster browsing.
If your question is not answered, feel free to respond to this thread.
1) "Does this have anything to do with the TV show, LOST?" - NO!! There are no plot similarities apart from a plane crash. There are no supernatural elements to this role play. It is strictly realistic and will focus more on the interactions and drama between the characters and their struggles to survive.
2) "Where did the plane take off and where was it headed?" - Their flight took off in Atlanta international airport and they were headed for Santiago, Chile. They have crashed somewhere in the South Pacific.
3) "Can my character have personal belongings?" - It is safe to assume that most, if not all, of your character's check in bags were destroyed in the crash. However, perhaps your carry-on bags were not. You are welcome to have your character salvage as many personal belongings as you deem necessary, but please keep it realistic. Remember, weapons aren't allowed on planes without special permits, so anything like knives will be scavenged or made on the island.
4) "Can my character have permanent injuries/ mental challenges?" - Absolutely, yes. Whether they were deformities from before the crash or after, we encourage you to make characters with injuries whether minor or close to deadly. It's also safe to reason that many survivors may lose their minds as well, so unstable characters are also welcomed.
5) "How does time pass in this role play?" - Time will be relatively liquid here. Every once in a while, the staff will update the "PLOT EVENTS" section on the top of the homepage and also the "OFFICIAL TIMELINE." This will keep track of a general estimation of time that has elapsed since the original plane crash, as well as a generalized description of what is happening socially and environmentally. We are not very strict on this timeline, so feel free to improvise.
6) "It looks like a bit of time has already passed in character. How should I introduce a new character into the plot?" - That is completely up to you and your imagination, but please don't think the story is too closed for you to join because it simply isn't! Perhaps your character wandered off into a remote section of the island on the day of the crash, and has been living alone until now? You may also choose to dive them in without much of an introduction and just play it off as if they've been around since day one. There are all kinds of possibilities, and we have very talented staff and members here that can help you come up with ideas when you need them.
7) "What kind of foods do our characters eat?" - Think first of the cliche things; coconuts, fruits, and fish are the three biggest foods in their diets. I'm sure you could find some wildlife in the jungle to cook up, too. Monkeys, rodents, birds, lizards, even insects!
8) "Can't you just get on the Internet with your cell phone and get rescued?" - For the sake of this role play, we ask that your character does not have working cell phones or at least any sort of smart phone/ electronic that could potentially connect to the Internet wirelessly. But if you want to use your cell as a flashlight, go right ahead!
9) "What about the character tongues/languages?" - Your character does not necessarily have to speak English, but if this starts to get abused or overly annoying, we will cut off all other languages and force characters to become English-speaking only, or at least bilingual.
10) "Any pets allowed?" - As of right now, animal additions/ character pets will only be available on a strict and limited basis, such as member rewards. In short, not right now.
11) "Can I make an island-native character?"- Right now, there is no plot that includes any group of people that are living on the island apart from the survivors. Later, once we are settled in with role playing our survivors, it's very possible that such a plot will be included.